GCC Job Description
Who We Are:
Garden City Chapel is a retreat center that provides facilities to church groups. These groups are responsible for their own programming and retreat. We provide quality facilities and are here to assist groups with any needs they have while on campus. The Summer Staff position is not a traditional camp counselor role because groups provide their own chaperones, counselors, music, and programming. Summer Staff work behind the scenes ensuring that everything is just right for our guest on campus.
By fulfilling your responsibilities as a Summer Staffer, you will teach and model Jesus Christ. Working together with your staff team, you will maintain the overall operations of the facility. Your focus is to display Jesus and encourage those around you to a deeper love and relationship with Christ.
- Actively participate in Staff orientation week which takes place in mid May. During orientation week, you will review procedures and policies pertaining to the Summer Staff position. Orientation for graduating high school seniors will take place at a different time.
- Carry out duties such as yard work, building maintenance, cleaning, Sea Shack duty, pool duty, night watch, and anything else necessary for the overall success of the retreat center as directed by the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director.
- Lead and assist “The Gathering” on Tuesday nights. This includes, games, skits, testimony and worship.
- Encouraged but not required to lead devotions, pray in our worship service, and give your testimony throughout the summer.
- Attend several (but not all) Children’s Home outings which may include The Carolina Opry, waterpark, and any other activities.
A person of integrity and good moral character, who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In good physical health. Emotionally mature and willing to accept responsibility. Ability to work well with others. Desire to be a servant in all capacities as it relates to the ministry of Garden City Chapel & Retreat.
Eligibility is limited to graduated high school seniors, current college students, and graduate students. A summer staffer is directly responsible to the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director.
Summer staff is a salary position which includes competitive pay, housing, utilities, and other benefits. Weekly work schedule varies. Your personal summer schedule will be made available during orientation. Staffers will have 1.5 days off per week. This includes 1 day off during the week and a half day off on Sunday after Chapel services and light duty. Summer Staff will also have 1 weekend off during the summer.